Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kill your father

That was the goal of the first level. I was in a game with other players, and our first mission was to kill the man that was our father.

We walk through various rooms. We see him. He lunges at us. I run for my life, back to the starting point.

"Where did he go?" I ask. A fellow player points to a pair of feet underneath some curtains. "He's hiding, over there."

In the end, there is a confrontation. A couple of us surround him, but I am the one who charges when he doesn't expect it and trip him. My players cheer. He's on top of me with his hands around my neck, and mine around his. My hands squeeze tight, and I kill him.

I know he is not my father, but my eyes fill with tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment