Friday, May 28, 2010

First world problem.

Uh. I think my dad has recently acquired a Facebook account.

How many "Pablo Tung"s could there be in the world? A Google search yields like, 3. 1 of them is the Facebook account mentioned above. But how many Pablo Tungs are there in the world who are friends with my cousin and also some other old Chinese dudes that I recognize in his friends list?

He totally has Facebook.

But you know what, he hasn't added me, which I'm glad for. He'll see comments about ass-to-mouth, some crude ass shit I often write, and on top of all that, a link to this blog. I think he and I both recognize the awkwardness and discomfort it would cause if we were friends.

Case in point.

I know a lot of people are friends with their parents on Facebook, but uh... they're usually 1) white, and 2) they have nothing to obscure from their parents. Regardless of the fact that my parents are pretty liberal, we're still a Chinese family, and I have plenty of things in my life (including but not limited to images of myself completely inebriated or in compromising positions) that I'd like to not so blatantly acknowledge as I may via Facebook. My mom also seems to imply that she doesn't ever tell him about my relationship status, whatsoever.

If he adds me... I'll deny. And I'll probably call him and be like, "So, dad. Facebook? Nah. Let's bond in person, yeah? Cool."

I honestly doubt that he'd want to be my friend anyway. His OG Chinese homies are probably enough.

Yeah, okay. Settled.

This first world problem is solved.

1 comment:

  1. man...you ever notice how white people always be so "open" with they parents! what's that about?

    ReplyDelete